What is “the cloud”?
History of Cloud Computing
How cloud computing works
You can run all kinds of apps in the cloud:
- processes on App Cloud.
- Create and collaborate on documents and spreadsheets with Google Apps fo
- r Business;
- Video conference with your colleagues on Skype;
- Manage your Sales & Customer Service functions, alongside other key business
- You can even build your own social, mobile and real-time employee apps and run them in the cloud. The latest innovations in cloud computing are making business applications even more mobile and collaborative.
If you’re a Facebook or Twitter user you’ve probably come to expect relevant information pushed to you in real time; business applications like Sales Cloud are heading in that direction as well.
Need help? Ask a question on an enterprise social network like Salesforce Chatter and others in the company can jump in with the information you’re after.
Social CRM in the cloud
Who uses the cloud?
- Companies with over 25,000 employees use an average of 545 cloud apps or services;
- Over 1.2 billion people around the world use Facebook;
- Over half of all Internet users rely on cloud-based email services like Gmail and Yahoo! Mail to send and receive their messages.